Monday, May 23, 2011

Ulu Ulu of Singapore Zoo Night Safari

By the dusk of my first day in singapore, I was dead tired from the day-long walking , standing and shooting. After finishing my Night Safari tour at the Zoo (which is an experience of great value by its own) , I was looking for a place to eat. Night Safari Campus itself offers a variety of restaurants and food outlets and as I was keen on having some authentic strange food, I chose Ulu Ulu.


The menu ranges from local favorites to international cuisines and the ambience is active with the cries and songs of Frogs, Cicades and other creatures of the night.


We could make our order right at the counter ,also the area where the actual cooking takes place, and wait under the burnished wooden roof till your dish is ready to go. The place is near to the bornean tribal art performance arena, so you can enjoy your food and the show at the same time.




We chose the Duck with Noodles & Beans and the Chicken Rice Set.


Now the people who eat with their noses, don't even try this. Frankly you don't deserve any of this. It might smell weird but it tastes so good, I am not even trying to convince you guys.



The food was quiet expensive as this being inside the Zoo, but was totally worth it. The Duck was 25 S$ a plate and the Chicken was priced at a reasonable (?) 15 S$.

1 comment: