Another really basic cuisine breakdown. All I had in my freezer was Chicken Breasts left over from the Grilled Chicken Gig. I was really tired and wanted to finish off the dinner process. Finally decided to go for the basic traditional curry style.
Things needed:Diced Chicken
Ginger and Garlic Pips
Chicken Masala Powder
Salt and Oil as needed
1. Get all your ingredients ready. Take the ginger and garlic pips and crush it to paste on a traditional stone grinder. Add in some lemon juice during the process. (Now, grinding part is optional and the only reason I did it was because of being too lazy to turn on the electric mixer for this job).
2. Chop the onions to semi-rings, tomatoes to dices and chillies to tubes.
All the ingredients ready and handy to go!
3. Mix well and Marinate for a few minutes, the Chicken Pieces with Chilli Powder, Turmeric Powder, Ginger Garlic Paste, Salt and 2 teaspoons of curd.
4. Pour some oil in a heated pan and add cut Onions to it. Stir Fry till golden brown and add in tomatoes, green chillies, chicken masala powder, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Stir well.
5. Add in the marinated chicken pieces. Mix them well with the fried masala mix in the pan. Add in water and salt as needed.
6. If needed you can change the mix to a larger vessel. Cook thoroughly with the lid closed. At every occasional check, you can throw in some spices to add some flavor (Cardamoms,Nuts, Leaves, Sticks etc).
You now have a very easy to cook yet tasty Kerala Chicken Curry in front of you.