Monday, February 20, 2012

Contemporary Cuisines of Mandarin Express

Mandarin Express is a contemporary chinese restaurant located in Church Street, Bangalore. My hunt for authentic (even a runner-up) chinese cuisine took me to this fine place, a couple of days back. It was a sunny day and I was really tired after an hour of used-book hunting at Blossoms. Mandarin Express was right across the street and as I was starving, to passing out and eventually death, the decision making process on where to eat was considerably short.


The place looked cozy and pleasant with mood lighting and bright red on everything. (They even had an Orange-tree prototype right at the centre!) 

That's me waiting for my menu to arrive

I started my course with a set of Non-vegetarian Dumplings. 


I am a non-alcoholic but cant resist the occasional vibes from a cold breezer. 


Dumplings came straight from heaven. Amazing mixture and perfectly cooked, it literally melted in my mouth. The texture and the aroma reminded me of the countless and awesome dimsums I had while being in Singapore. A sip of the cold orange flavoured breezer was a quick and effective reset before another fork of Dumpling.

For the main course, I ordered the house special, Meal in a Bowl. 


Another great choice, with a mix of vegetables, meat, rice/noodles and sauces - this will grow on you. The combination I proposed was a bit too spicy, but the breezer helped a lot.

Verdict: Must Visit. Mandarin Express is a bit expensive. An average meal for two should cost you 1500 INR. They have a great menu with a wide variety of Chinese Cuisine. The Ambience is good. They have a lounge area as well, which is open to the streets, but is poorly maintained. Its recommended that you enjoy your meal inside where you can watch all the things in red and once again...the Orange-tree prototype!

No comments:

Post a Comment