Tuesday, July 16, 2013

South Indian Treat at Adyar Anandha Bhavan.

I am not a fan of South Indian cuisine especially the ones from Tamil Nadu. Certain of their flavors wont agree with me and I am yet to figure out that particular flavor. So to be on the safer side, I tend to avoid Tamil cuisines whenever possible.

Last week I went with a friend to the famous South Indian chain, Adyar Anandha Bhavan. Initially I was a little hesitant to order for myself as the memories of an unpleasant flavor experience came floating up, when I saw the range of curries on display.

But I went against what my instinct had suggested and ordered a plate of Chapattis and Kurma, while my friend opted to have the Veg Thali (Meals on a Plate). 


Chappatti- Kurma , Parathas- Kurma

Veg Thali (Before & After)


I was surprised at the quality of the food I had. The Chappattis (INR 45) were soft and hot and it went well with the delicious Vegetable Kurma.

I quickly finished my round and chose Parathas, (INR 45) over Chappattis for the second, with a kurma variant. And Brilliant it was.

Adyar Anandha Bhavan might not be the best of its kind, but a must-visit for those who are longing for a south indian treat.

Located at BDA Complex, HSR Layout, Bangalore.

No comments:

Post a Comment