Friday, September 28, 2012

Rum-Pum Soup of Thong Lo Street

On my first night at Bangkok, I decided to stroll through the wet streets of Thong Lo to fulfill my primary and ultimate objective of the trip - FOOD (You can read more about the trip in here). And in less than 2 minutes, there I was, waiting in front of a roadside hawker selling this delicious soup. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, the Rum-Pum Soup of Thong Lo.


As like many vendors in Bangkok, they do focus on one product, the soup. The ingredients were right in front of us but at first glance, they were confusing as nothing seemed working together. At one point,  I even noticed rotten eggs!




The soup seemed like a mix of various seafood, pork, chicken and eggs. And the bowl came in three sizes. I chose the medium one which was TBH 40/-


The soup was a decent mix of all meat. It had a good balance between the tanginess and spices. Seasoned with Coriander, Spring Onions and Shallots, the soup had a strong fish sauce flavor to it. On the downside, you might end up with a lot of liquid once after you have finished all your pieces and the only option is to leave it (which could be a little heart-breaking). 

Rating: 3/5 


No comments:

Post a Comment