Saturday, April 21, 2012

Taste of Kerala at Vembanadu:The Paul

When I am eating outside I dont usually prefer keralite cuisine. For one reason that paying 350 INR for an  'Avial', which I consider as a 'throw-out-without-touching' part in the daily meal, doesnt make any sense. 
But when I stepped out of Vembanad lounge at The Paul, my perception got a big make over! 

Vembanad is the in-house keralite restaurant of The Paul. You will be taken to your table by the well-mannered and soft spoken staff. The ambience is comforting with dimmed mood lighting and retro malayalam instrumentals. 



They had an amazing range in their slightly over-priced menu. As I was browsing through the familiar yet forgotten names, my table was equipped with a set of assorted regional starters. Every single element tasted awesome, especially the Powdered Prawns and Fish Pickle.


I ordered a Central-Kerala delicacy for my Non-Vegetarian start up for the day. Meen Nirachathu (Filled Fish). Well cooked fish filled with a paste of green mango and coconut inside. Hmmm, that was heaven inside the mouth for 47 seconds.



For the main part, I chose Pathiri (Rice Toasts) along with Crab Ularthiyathu and Duck Curry. The Crab was shell-free which made the eating process a lot easier. The combination was awesome. 


Overall the experience was good enough that I would recommend the place to every foodie that I know. Slightly over priced but worth every single penny. An average meal for one should be somewhere around 1000 INR. 

Vembanad: The Paul is located in Domlur near Diamond District, Bangalore.

No comments:

Post a Comment